Why work with a coach?
I learned the answer to that question the hard way.
After leaving my real estate business in California to relocate to Idaho, I started a commercial teeth-whitening business. Not long after, the building that housed my business was flooded. Needless to say, I found myself not only learning the ropes of owning a small business, but coping with a very taxing situation. I was still in the early—and very demanding—days of parenting young children, as well. My support system was still predominantly in California, so this became “the perfect storm” in my life; the stress depleted me completely and I was diagnosed with severe Adrenal fatigue. My physician literally ordered me to take a vacation in an attempt to restore my body to health. As I collapsed into my seat on the plane, I learned my seat companion was a life coach. That impromptu coaching session profoundly altered the course of my life, as she helped me identify ways to respond to my situation differently.
Our conversation lingered in my mind long after returning from my trip. As I continued to help people brighten their smile, I realized how much more I desired to give people a reason to smile. So, I enrolled in coaching school. As I progressed through the curriculum, I began to use my new tools and strategies at home and work. Our family began to experience dramatic change as I learned how to respond to my circumstances differently.
You don’t have to wait for a crisis to benefit from life coaching like I did. Let’s find your purpose… your reason to smile.
What to expect from coaching
You, too, can experience those kinds of results from working with me. Just imagine…
- Feeling in control of your life, moving forward with clarity and a sense of purpose.
- Enjoying functional, healthy relationships.
- Coping well with life transitions and even losses.
- Knowing your core values and making choices that align with them.
- Having the internal motivation, passion and skills to live into your dreams.
How it works
No two coaching packages are alike. Each are tailored for the client’s specific needs and objectives, but the process is similar for all.
- We begin by evaluating the current state of the area in which you feel stuck or dissatisfied. Together, we’ll identify the challenges and obstacles – and the causes beneath them – that are impeding your progress. We’ll also hone in on your strengths to harness them as resources for making change.
- Next, we’ll develop a refined understanding of your core values. These will serve as the internal compass with which to navigate the course of change.
- Then it’s time to devise a plan. We’ll establish strategies and determine points of choice to get you there.
- I’ll equip you with tools to implement the plan. With the right skills – whether communication, conflict resolution, boundary-setting, decision-making, or others – you are sure to succeed.
- With these keys in hand, it’s time to unlock your destiny. I remain available to you as a coach while you work toward your goals. I’ll assist with course-corrections along the way and help you see your progress through to completion.
Contact me to book your free discovery session for a brief sampling of the process. I’m confident you’ll have a reason to smile when we’re done.